• Tour of historical Venice, including hidden gardens, The Naval Museum and the Pavilion of Gondolas
• Cruise on the Canal of the Orphans past picturesque lagoon islands
• Tour of Chioggia with its Roman, Etruscan and Byzantine history. Wonder at works of art by Carpaccio, Tintoretto, Tiepolo and Bassano
• Visit Chioggia’s colourful fish market with your chef
• Dinner ashore at the 17thC stately home Villa Ca’Zen
• Private visit to the gardens and wine cellars of Villa Widmann-Borletti
• Tour of the 14thC Estense Castle in Ferrara
• Visit to the Ducal Palace and gardens in Mantua
CRUISE THE VENETIAN LAGOON, CANALS & PO VALLEY Aboard the 20 passenger La Bella Vita
The variety of charming waterways between Venice and Mantua promises a unique and magical cruising experience. The itinerary includes fascinating excursions that offer a real insight into the many cultures – Roman, Etruscan, Istrian, Byzantine and of course Renaissance – that have influenced the arts, architecture and history of the region over many centuries. This special voyage also gives the opportunity to enjoy the diverse landscapes and nature en route, from picturesque lagoon islands with their colourful houses, to wild beach dunes and pine woods with a variety of birdlife; from the charming Venetian port of Chioggia via the River Po and Bianco Canal to the captivating lakeside setting of the Renaissance city of Mantua.
La Bella Vita: A stylish 20 passenger vessel that was newly refitted in 2010 to the high standards of the European Waterways fleet. There are 2 upper-deck junior suites and 8 staterooms, each with en-suite facilities. The dining room, bar and saloon areas are bright and spacious and the entire barge is air conditioned. Louvered doors open to side decks to give a perfect viewing platform, whilst above is a huge sun deck with comfortable sun loungers. For those who wish to explore the area further, there are bikes on board and an expert tour guide to recommend the best routes to take.
Delicious regional cuisine prepared by a master chef, fine Italian wines and services of an attentive crew of seven will make this an unforgettable cruise.
La Bella Vita
Typical Cuisine On board
Fegato alla Veneziana, Baccala Mantecato, La Polenta, Sarde in Saor, Risotto al Prezzemolo, Lagoon Seafood
Barolo, Chianti, Castel del Monte, Soave, Valpolicella,Livio Felluga Vertigo Muri-Gries, Lagrein Rosso Allegrini
Ribolla “ Vinnae” Roveglia Lugana Col Vetorax, Prosecco Spago
Gorgonzola, Mozzarella de Bufala, Pecorino, Taleggio, Provolone